Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Citizen Action Center
Quick Links
New Resident Information
In order for us to establish residency for you or register a vehicle there are a few things we need.
You need to prove your residency:
  • If you own a home we need to see closing papers or a bill directly associated with the house such as phone bill or electric bill.
  • If you rent we need a copy of the rental agreement.
  • If you are living with someone we need a letter from the homeowner stating that you can register vehicles at that address.
To register a motor vehicle in the State of New Hampshire there are a few things you need to know:
If you are moving to Sandown from another New Hampshire town you are not required to re-register your vehicle. There is a spot on the back of your registration for change of address. You also need to send in a change of address to the State. Forms can be picked up at any Town Hall or DMV. If you are moving here and it is your renewal month we need to have your old registration not the mail out from your old town and proof of residency.
If you are moving to Sandown from another state one of two things could apply to you:
If you own the vehicle outright and it is less than 15 years old than we need the title. Whoever's name is on the title needs to be the one to come to the Town Clerk's office. If there are two names on the title BOTH people need to be here.
If you have a lien holder on the vehicle we need to apply for the title. You need to bring your old registration, the name and address of the lien holder and proof of residency. Again whoever's name is on the vehicle needs to come to the Town Clerk's Office to sign the title application. You will pay a $2.00 fee for the Title Application and mail a check for $25.00 to The State of New Hampshire. The title bureau will then send a request to your lien holder for the title. As soon as Concord receives the title they will send you a letter saying you now can register your vehicle. Bring that letter to The Town Clerk's Office and we can process your registration.

Your New Hampshire Drivers license needs to be done at one of the DMV's. They will need to see your birth certificate and if your name is different from what is on your birth certificate they need documentation for that. I.e. Marriage Certificate. They will also require proof of residency.


Town of Sandown, NH, P.O. Box 1756, #320 Main Street, Sandown, NH 03873 | 603-887-3646
Website Disclaimer | Virtual Town & Schools Website